Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Only Way to Get Off the Hamster Wheel

There are three kinds of people in this world…
There are people who are made to stay on the hamster wheel their whole life. And there are people who will do absolutely anything they can to never get on the hamster wheel in the first place. And there are people who find themselves on the hamster wheel and …wish they could get off. 
What’s the hamster wheel? It’s the rat race. It’s the day-to-day routine of get up, take a shower, drive to the office,
sit in the cubicle, punch the clock, drive home, watch TV, cash a paycheck once every 2 weeks. 
Repeat for 50 or so years. Then die. The hamster wheel keeps you in motion. It fools you into thinking you’re moving forward. 
But you’re just spinning. And spinning. And spinning. Constant action. But no progress.
It’s hypnotic. It’s deeply deceptive. It’s seductive. And most people choose to spend their whole lives spinning. Those are the first group. 
Then there’s the second group. That’s the group, MTTB CEO Matt Lloyd falls into. People in the second group see the hamster wheel for what it is and say, “Not for me!”
Matt  started trying to make money online out of his bedroom in November, 2008. Here’s how he tells it…
When I first started out, I was a university student barely making $600 a week mowing lawns
and trying online marketing on the side.
Then in early 2009, I dropped out of college. I committed myself entirely to making money
online. I studied everything I could find and tried every product I could get my hands on.
I worked 10 to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, trying every “make money online” and “get
traffic” product out there.
I built websites, wrote articles, tried affiliate programs, built a (small) email list… but
NOTHING worked. I became depressed. I started taking Zoloft. I didn’t leave my bedroom for days on end.
But then, my hard work started to pay off. It started small at first – a sale here, another sale
there – then it gained more steam.
Next thing you know, I’m clearing $3,000 per week.
Then $5,000.
Then $10,000.
Flash forward to today, and I’m now at the helm of the fastest growing company in the home
business niche on the planet.
That’s what group 2 looks like. A fierce determination to never get on the hamster wheel. And the ones in group 2 who are successful, do something wonderful for those in group 3. They blaze a new path. They open up a road out of the wilderness. They offer a way off the hamster wheel….
…if those in group 3 will only take the first step. 
You’re not in group 1 or you wouldn’t even be reading this email. 
You’re in group 3, You’re looking for a way off the wheel. And Matt has found it for you. 
If you’ll take the first step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment