Monday, June 30, 2014

19 Year Old Dies From Internet Rehab

China’s government has done something recently…
They’ve added an entry to the list of things that
would classify someone as having a “mental
illness”.
That thing?
Internet Addiction.
China noticed that its young people were spending
way too much time in Internet cafes, ignoring family,
work, eat, and sleep, all for the love of the Internet.
As a result of this disturbing trend, some rather odd
new businesses started popping up in China
recently.
You got it!
Internet Rehab.
Bootcamps, often run by ex-military, to help these
kids kick the habit.
Several of these bootcamps use fear-based training,
aimed to “reform” the student’s behavior through
harsh discipline.
Except these guys have taken it too far. They literally
kicked a girl to death recently, just because she asked
to go to the bathroom.
And now the students are trying to sneak out messages
to their parents to get them out of there!
Now I’ve heard the phrase, “drastic circumstances call
for drastic measures” before, but this is crazy!
And I know this, internet addiction isn’t common to
just China.
It’s a GLOBAL issue.
But I’m not so sure running off to some bootcamp is the
right answer here.
It’s an important topic though, because “what” you do
when you’re on the Internet can make your business,
or destroy it.
You can make 6+ figures, without sitting in front of
your computer all day, or, you can sit in front of your
computer for 12-16 hours straight, and not make
anything at all.
So what’s a better strategy for us to follow?
I recommend that you set BOUNDARIES.
Seriously, let that one sink in for a sec.
Many people “want” to make a great income online, but
they’ve not set up any boundaries to ensure that it will
happen!
They just login, with a generic thought of what they
sorta kinda need to do for the day.
Then hours later, they’ve realized they have not gotten
anything accomplished.
Some go on to do this for years! Yet, they’ll tell me that
they’ve got 4 years experience in this industry, and
they’ve yet to make any serious money.
My response usually when I hear something like this?
You don’t have 4 years experience, you’ve got 1 year of
experience 4 times!
They’re doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting a different result. Which last time I checked,
was the definition of Insanity.
Something has to change.
And it can start with setting up finite boundaries.
Boundaries like:
80% of my business is spent Marketing and adding value
to others.
I spend a set time (like 3:30-4:15) each day checking my
email, FB, etc… Get in and out!
I take the last 10 minutes of each day to plan out my next
day.
I focus on the non-urgent/important tasks daily, rather than
the urgent/not important tasks that never seem to take me
closer to my goals.
And of course, there are more boundaries to set in place…
Boundaries, odd as it sounds, give you freedom.
Take a few hours to set these up in your own business,
and reap the dividends and rewards you’ll receive by
doing so.
http://m0be.com/maudine/df14e773

No comments:

Post a Comment